Geneva was on the Trinity River in San Jacinto and Polk counties north of Swartwout.
Geneva was a steamboat port on the Trinity River. Established in the 1830’s, by the end of that decade it had its own post office. The area was first settled by Massena Rankin Brown during the 1830’s. By 1839 F. W. Johnson was serving as the Geneva postmaster. The community developed around a steamboat landing on the west side of the Trinity River and by 1845 consisted of twelve dwellings.
Original settlers had been on the San Jacinto County side of the river. The tiny community peaked in the mid 1840’s with little more than a dozen residences.
Although early settlement had been on what would eventually become the San Jacinto County side of the river, a post office named Geneva operated in Polk County from 1879 to 1882.
Geneva became a ghost town and sat for decades until the site was flooded with the construction of Lake Livingston in the 1980’s
- No records or photos are left of Geneva of this Ghost Town