Recently, I was talking with a friend about articles that we have read that made us think!! She explained about the articles that were about the latest technology challenges at schools and how to overcome them. Funny, how priorities have changed since retiring in December of 2014! I now read for fun then find articles that help me to continue to learn about technology and education.
I told her about this great article that I had read about selecting the people either alive or dead to have at a dinner party. How incredible would it be to talk with people that I have read about, admired or been influenced. I thought about all of the people that I have come across in my years on this earth. It was so hard to select which ones so I decided that I might have to have a monthly dinner and chat!!
The people that I have selected for this are quite a mix of people that have influenced me both privately and professionally and for fun! I selected them based on their humor, caring and their influence on my life.
- I would pick Beatrix Potter because she was one of the first authors that I chose to read. After visiting her home in England, I was amazed and enthralled by not only her drawings but stories too. To be able to talk with her about her gardens, her drawings would be great.
- I would pick Mel Blanc because he has been a favorite of mine since I was little while watching all of the cartoons that he voiced! I remember seeing him when I was in High School and was amazed at how easily he could jump from voice to voice. He has been a big influence of my drive to learn everything about animation.
- I would pick Jimmy Carr because he would keep everything very lively and he has the best laugh ever. He has the same sense of humor as I do and it would be great to trade barbs with him.
- I would pick Miranda Hart because she is like what I imagine my sister would be. My “real” sisters were very serious and did not like to joke very much. Miranda is so funny but in a subtle way. I love watching her in her comedies. Much like her, I am quite good at sarcasm and comedy that sometimes sneaks up on others. She too has a great laugh and great looks that work like punctuation!!
- I would pick Lee Mack because he is also funny and can get along with anyone. He would be fun to interact and talk with. Lee’s comedic timing is incredible. He can make any situation pretty funny with a look or word. I would like to learn how to do that from him.
- I would pick Julia Child because she is funny but so intelligent and is able to teach others in a way that they become successful in the cooking. I took her lead when I started in technology 14 years ago. I took a serious and somewhat scary subject and included humor and a bit of sarcasm and the students and teachers became successful. Julia would be fun to work next to and learn from!!
- I would pick Walter Duncan because he is funny yet serious and incredibly intelligent. He is a teacher that took a great idea and ran with it and created a great company. He is very caring and so easy to work with. I would like to set and talk with him about silly things and have fun. He has a great smile and laugh. He would be fun to have at the table. It would be great to hear him and Lee and Jimmy laughing with a few chuckles from Daffy Duck, ELmer Fudd and Bugs Bunny thrown in!!
- I would pick Kelly Lane because she has always been there at big moments in my family and in our life. She feels more like family than my own family. She encourages, guides and laughs with me. Kelly is an eternal optimist and is very intelligent too. She is a caring boss that I admire. She would bring humor and laughs and smarts to the table!!
- I would pick Dale Preece-Kelly because he has taught me so much about animals, life and health. He is such a role model. He is a very caring and intelligent also. We met on a school project and have become good friends. He would be fun at the dinner because he is funny and knowledgeable about so many different topics.
- I would pick Kaylynn Burns because she has a great laugh and big heart. She is very caring plus so smart. She, too has been there for my family and me during lots of different milestones. Kaylynn is a great problem solver, encourager, and has a wonderful laugh. I think that would make her fun to have at the table.
These 10 people would so much fun!! There would be lots of laughs, great conversations and incredible food. I imagine there would stories being shared and compared.How much fun would it be!! Bon Appetit!!!